DURATION: 6 MONTHS
- Propagation: need and potentialities, sexual and asexual methods of propagation and their advantages and disadvantages
- Methods of vegetative propagation: cutting and layering techniques
- Methods of vegetative propagation: budding techniques
- Propagation structures: mist chamber, humidifier, green houses, glass houses, poly houses, cold frames and hot beds
- Use of growth regulators in propagation
- Micro – propagation and hardening of plants in nurseries
- Techniques of propagation through specialized organs; corms, runner, suckers etc.
- Media for propagation of plants in nursery beds and mist chambers
- Preparation of different types of cuttings
- Practicing different types of layering
- Practicing different types of grafting
- Practicing different types of budding
Comments are closed.